The Annual Foire aux Vins, Aumale – Normandy …
Weekend Break at Basse Copette
May 11 – 13 2012
May in Normandy is just perfect for a weekend break; spring is well and truly in full swing and glorious sunny days make sitting outside a pleasure. Aumale may not be a wine producing region, but it knows how to put on a good wine fair.
For guests to take advantage of great weather, wine and a wonderful weekend I am offering an all-inclusive two-night break at Basse Copette.
- Unwind for two nights, with all your meals included, in my highly praised B&B
- You will be driven to the Foire aux Vins on Saturday, with a great choice to taste and buy
- Relax in an intimate setting with no more than 8 adults
Arrive at Basse Copette on Friday and get settled for a relaxing few days, with a selection of tea, fresh coffee and homemade scones and strawberry jam, with Normandy cream. Later that evening a three course menu, with typical Normandy dishes, such as my own signature dish of Normandy chicken, or pork with Neufchatel cheese and cream.
After breakfast the following morning you will be driven to Aumale for the wine fair, if you do not wish to drive yourselves. Spend the day in Aumale at your leisure. Or return to Basse Copette and enjoy the sun on the pool deck. A mid-day snack will be available at Basse Copette. Go for a walk in the forest or the Bresle Valley, or for a drive to many nearby attractions, such as the Chateau Rambures.
In the evening you will be treated to a sumptuous gourmet meal, with wines specifically chosen for each course from the Loire Valley. Guests to Basse Copette repeatedly rave about my food, whether it is a bowl of spaghetti bolognaise or a gourmet meal. And one of the great things about spring is the fresh produce available in France, and Basse Copette.
A typical Gourmet menu is as follows (vegetarian and vegan options available):
Kia Basse Copette
Anchovy & olive palmiers
~ ~ ~
White asparagus with a lemon and roquette pesto
~ ~ ~
Cod parmentier and fresh spring greens
~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~
Ceour de Neufchatel and salad
~ ~ ~
Basse Copette Rhubarb trifle
~ ~ ~
A selection of teas and coffees
Vegetarian and vegan options are available.
On Sunday morning enjoy a leisurely breakfast before departure. You could visit the farmers market at the nearby Blangy-sur-Bresle for those foodie treats to take home.
The cost for the Foir aux Vins Weekend Break at Basse Copette includes:
- Two nights accommodation at the highly praised Basse Copette
- A selection of tea, fresh coffee and homemade scones on arrival
- First night, a 3 course meal of typical Normandy dishes
- two sumptuous breakfasts
- If you would prefer not to drive yourself, you will be driven to and from Aumale for the wine fair
- A gourmet meal and various specifically chosen wines on your second night
So why not come and enjoy a spring weekend at Basse Copette!
- 440 Euros per couple sharing in the new Basse Copette Suite
690 Euros for up to 4 adults sharing (520 Euros for one couple) in La GrangeAlready Booked
“Basse Copette has become a home from home for us; delivering on all fronts. Already booking in mentally for our next trip to BC. Thomas a joy and delight as ever.”