Besides being a wonderful location for a summer holiday, Basse Copette is also the perfect setting for seasonal midweek and weekend breaks in Normandy. Experience the changing seasons of the rural landscape from autumn to spring, or take advantage of the traditional annual fêtes and foires in the area.
Are you thinking about a midweek break to enjoy the changing colours of Normandy’s autumn landscape? Or, how about a calm weekend away just before the madness of Christmas? Maybe you would like to surprise your loved one with a cosy, winter weekend getaway? Does your summer holiday seem like ages away – how about a short spring break? And then there is the annual wine fair
Treat yourself to a three day midweek or weekend, seasonal break at Basse Copette. Situated on the Normandy/Picardy border, Basse Copette is within easy reach of Calais, and other ferry ports at Dieppe and Boulogne, and the airport at Beauvais. It provides a suitable base for day trips to Paris, Amiens and Rouen, and the best shopping and restaurants France has to offer.
From autumn to spring, Basse Copette is the perfect setting for a relaxing 2 or 3-day midweek or weekend break in the cosy and luxury Normandy style B&B or the sensitively renovated self catering gite.
Arrive to a seasonal welcome, home-made mince pies and mulled wine in December or home-made scones and jam in spring. In the evening enjoy a gourmet meal, sampling the culinary delights of Normandy—with a variety of choices to suit every taste. This sets you up for the next two days to enjoy all that Basse Copette offers. Have an early start with a continental breakfast followed by a day trip to Paris or the Christmas market at Amiens. Or how about a later start and a midday brunch, and then a quiet and relaxing day relaxing by the fire with a book and walking in the forest.
Follow the links below for more details of the various seasonal and specific breaks on offer at Basse Copette from November through to May:
- Relax amongst the changing and calming colours of autumn (November)
- Nouveau Beaujolais is released on the third Thursday of November – come to Basse Copette for a wine tasting weekend (November)
- Visit the biggest Christmas markets in northern France while on one of Basse Copette’s popular Christmas market breaks (November – December)
- Experience the stark and striking landscape of northern Normandy on a three day weekend or midweek winter break (January – March)
- Be amongst the first to see Monet’s garden in the spring (April)
- Rejuvenate yourself with a spring break in rural northern France (April – May)
- Upper Normandy may not be a wine producing region, but the Aumale Wine Fair (May) is the perfect excuse for a weekend away
Besides the breaks listed above, arranged around the changing seasons and the specific events on in the area, I also offer special breaks to coincide with one off events, for example, in July 2012 the Tour de France passes very near Basse Copette (click here for further details). If you would like to be on the mailing list for notifications of new special breaks and offers, sign up here.