On arrival at Basse Copette take in the tranquil setting and refresh yourself with a drink and home-made Normandy apple tart, settle in and unpack, have a dip in the pool or go for a walk – your holiday has started! To help you further settle into your holiday a three course meal of typical Normandy dishes (of your choice from a menu supplied in advance) is included. If you arrive on Saturday, after breakfast the following morning begin your exploring with a visit to a wonderful farmers market in the nearby Blangy-sur-Bresle. Then, you will be set for a wonderful holiday.
From the outside the cottage may look like many others in the area, but on entering, it never fails to surprise and delight, it really does have the wow factor. Briefly, the cottage has:
- 3 Bedrooms, sleeping 6 (+cots)
- 2 Bathrooms (shower, handbasin & toilet)
- Well equipped kitchen – including microwave, dishwasher and washing machine
- Large, spacious living room, with lounge and dining areas
- TV, with English channels, including BBC, ITV and CNN
- Private patio with garden furniture & BBQ
More photographs of of the exterior and interior can be seen in the Photogallery, or scroll down for a more detailed description of the accommodation, local area information, booking procedures.
Detailed Accommodation Description
No one ever believes that La Grange was once an original working farm barn that was used to store grain and house animals.
The main living room is large, airy and light with an exposed oak-beamed Cathedral ceiling. A bright and sunny room in summer, and the open log-burning fireplace brightens up a winter day. There are 3 large, comfortable leather sofas and a satellite TV, as well as a large dining table with 6 chairs.
On the ground floor there is also a games room with a football table, a sturdy, large sofa bed and a single futon. Double doors lead out onto a private patio with BBQ and garden furniture.
Off the living room is a well equipped kitchen; in which you will find a cooker with grill and four ring hob, a fridge-freezer, a microwave, a kettle, a coffee machine, a toaster, a dishwasher, a washing machine, and ample glassware, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils. There are 2 bathrooms each with a shower cabin, WC and hand basin.
There are 3 bedrooms, all on the first floor. One is a large room with a kingsize bed, another room has a double bed, and the third has 2 single beds. Bedding, cotton bed linen, bath and hand towels, and swimming towels are all included. A baby bath, high chair and travel cot can be supplied (at no extra cost).
Having read the description, have a look at photographs in the Photogallery
Local Shops and Restaurants
There are very good supermarkets nearby as well as smaller, independent shops of all kinds supplying excellent quality local food and groceries. The two closest towns, Aumale and Blangy-sur-Bresle are just under 15 minutes away.The nearest boulangerie is just two kilometres from Basse Copette (20 minutes by bicycle there, 4 minutes back) in the village of Campneuseville, and makes fresh baguettes and croissants daily, as well as other treats on the weekends, such as apple turnovers, apple tarts and brioche. In Campneuseville there is also a butcher, a general store and a bar and tabac.
Depending on the season and availability you can buy farm fresh eggs and organic chickens, various jams, chutneys and preserves, as well as fresh vegetables from the garden, at the Farmhouse.
There are a number of different restaurants catering for all tastes and budgets in Blangy and Aumale, from simple cafes and bistros, to very good and reasonably priced restaurants. At Le Treport, about 40 minutes away, there are numerous restaurants that specialise in seafood. And of course a variety of meals and snacks can be provided at Basse Copette, click here for more details.
A typical French market can be found somewhere close every day of the week. But the best is the one in Blangy on Sunday mornings, the perfect things to set you up for the week.
Included in Your Stay at Basse CopetteI offer two different packages, a Self Catering Package and a Luxury Package. Both include:
- A three course meal on your first night, and served in the cottage (additional meals can be arranged, for choices and prices see the attached menu)
- All bedding, linen, towels (bath, hand and pool)
- Electricity, water, BBQ charcoal and firewood
- Heated swimming pool (May to September, inclusive)
- Equipment for babies and toddlers, including travel cot, high chair, baby bath, changing mat, toilet trainer seat, potty, step for hand basin
- All the necessary cleaning products and items, including bin liners, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, tea towels and washing cloths and sponges
- Basic kitchen condiments, including vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, sugar, mustard, herbs & spices.
- Tin foil, cling film, matches and other basic kitchen requirements
- Local treats to welcome you on your arrival.
For full details about what is included in the two packages, and the costs, please refer to the rates & prices page.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR TWO-WEEK STAYS
Self Catering Package: a mid-stay clean is included to freshen up your accommodation – and enjoy a Basse Copette BBQ and all the trimmings prepared for you all.
Luxury Package: one of my day tours of the area, for example, there is the “gourmet tour” of local food and drink producers (includes lunch) or a tour of the Monet sites along the Normandy coast
- During June -September arrival and departure days are Saturday, these are flexible at other times of the year subject to availability.
- Arrival Time: 4pm Departure Time: 10 am
- A €200 security deposit is required to cover damages
- Guests are asked to leave the gite reasonably clean and tidy, for €30 a cleaning service is available if you need to leave early and wish to simply pack and go.
- There are very good markets, independent shops and supermarkets near by (see below).
- If you need to arrive late, or you prefer not to shop immediately a shopping service is available, just send a list. The cost: €10 plus the cost of the shopping.